Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support & Management of Anaphylaxis (RQF) 4 + Hours
Basic Life Support Course Overview
Basic Life Support Course Content
Be able to manage and unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally:
- Assess the scene for danger.
- Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness.
- Demonstrate how to open a casualty’s airway and check for breathing.
- Demonstrate how to place an unresponsive casualty in the Safe Airway Position/Recovery Position.
Be able to manage and unresponsive casualty who is NOT breathing normally:
- Recognise the need to commence. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on a manikin.
Know how to recognise a casualty with Anaphylaxis:
- Identify the common triggers for Anaphylaxis.
- Recognise the Signs & Symptoms of Anaphylaxis.
- Identify the possible life-threatening features of an Anaphylactic reaction.
Be able to manage a casualty with Anaphylaxis by:
- Summoning appropriate emergency help.
- Casualty positioning.
- Prepare appropriate medication for. administration during anaphylaxis treatment.
- Identify key feature of various adenaline auto-injectors.
- Demonstate the safe useof an auto-injector using a training device.
- State how to safely dispose of sharps.
Basic Life Support Assessment
Ongoing practical assessment by the course trainer/s throughout the duration of the course in a low stress environment.
Basic Life Support Course Duration
Basic Life Support Course Package
- Minimum of 1 trainer per 12 attendees.
- Interactive hands on practical training.
- One CPR training manikin (Adult) per attendee.
- Easy to follow individual course manual.
- A recognised qualification certificate with 3 years license to practice.
Basic Life Support Certification / Revalidation
Basic Life Support Course Cost
On-site courses can be held at your own venue, starting from £360 for up to and including 12 attendees.
Individual places on our open courses held in the South West region start from as little as £65 per attendee.